You know you want to. You want to know what's behind the door, you know who you could be behind the door. So don't just stand there, if you dare ... if it makes you happy ... open the door, come in.

Translating Memories

Reita

Translating Memories

Post  Reita on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:17 am

His stir back into consciousness was like one after a long sleep--like the bad kind of long where you knew you would be tired later because the rest had been for too long. It was the kind of sleep where his lungs felt shallow without a deep breath and the attempt to take one was almost painful in trying to hold back a cough. Not to mention that awfully sterile smell--it smelled like white; it smelled like bleach; it smelled like stiff clothes and sick people. Was he sick?

His feet were cold--moving them seemed to be too much effort for the time being. His hands were sore, but he didn't know where... Just somewhere past his elbows. His fingers were cold too. They were just a tad bit easier to move than his toes, but not by much. His mouth was dry. He tried creaking his jaw open to part them, but his lips seemed to be sealed shut. He wanted to dart out his tongue to fix it, but his jaw didn't feel like opening enough to let it past.

All of these sensations and realizations came to him slowly--it was some time before he realized that he should probably try opening his eyes. He might be late for something. This was probably the worst part about waking up, though. Trying to open his eyes was like playing the hardest game of tug-of-war that he'd never played.

His eyes cracked open and, like a curtain revealing a play, darkness gave way to light and showed him the area around him.

A TV, small and left off. It looked a little lonely. A small table with flowers that looked just a little neglected. He didn't recognize the type of flower, but the colors were pleasant: a mix of white and yellows that weren't to bright or dull. He felt himself smile on the inside, but didn't feel his face move to match it. He took another deep breath, holding it until he could feel his lungs slowly inflate. The urge to cough wasn't as bad this time. He swallowed slowly, his throat also feeling as though it hadn't been used in too long of a time.

A hospital bed? Both arms were over the blanket, tubes coming out of each: one into an IV and the other into a machine that was out of the way of his vision. It could have been why his hands ached. He hadn't moved anything but his eyes yet. Even simple motor movements seemed like too much for him at this point. He was tired again. The position he was currently in was incredibly uncomfortable and his head could have been tilted back further, but he was falling out of consciousness again.

How long had he been awake? It felt like hours, but could have been just a moment--he didn't even know. And without his control, his breathing became shallow again, the even breathing that only arose when sleeping. He held another deep breath to make sure his lungs were filled to capacity before sighing it out and letting those shallow breaths take over once again. It was just too much effort, keeping consciousness and trying to retrieve thoughts he knew he should be having.

Last edited by Reita on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:06 am; edited 2 times in total
    Kai
    Admin

Re: Translating Memories

Post  Kai on Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:44 pm

It seemed just like yesterday when he had breezed through this same automatic doors with such speed it could have looked like he was running for his own life, which wasn't entirely wrong, since indeed he was running for a life, just not his. Now, as he had been doing each and every single day for the past month, Yutaka mechanically made his way through the promptly opening automatic doors of the solemn institution with which he was now unfortunately well acquainted.

His eyes passively made their way among the masses of people speed walking past him in their white lab coats or regular clothes in all directions, as he kept walking towards the only and one destination he needed to know. Nobody liked hospitals, normally people were unwillingly rushed in and would then try their mighty best to get the hell out of them. Yet, this had become the place which Yutaka couldn't wait to get to at the end of each excruciatingly long working day.

Finally in front of room 621, the brunette gingerly opened the door as if not wanting to wake up whomever was inside it, even though he knew it to be presently not possible to wake said person, no matter how loudly he made his entrance.

“Hey ...” he calmly spoke as he grabbed the only chair in the room, by the door, and placed it beside the sickbed “... sorry I'm a little late, my manager begged me to do some overtime, and even though I fought it as bad as I could she won ...” he snickered as he randomly looked around the room, his smile slowly fading away as soon as his eyes met the vase of flowers on the side table.

“I guess ... I really shouldn't worry, I mean there is nothing to worry obviously” he paused, as he blankly kept staring at the flowers “She did love you I suppose, I can understand that ... and consequently she did, and does still care about you, and ...” he then sighed looking away “the fact that she brought flowers is something very normal, something expected from anyone ... but ...” continued the brunette “... whatever, no point wasting time talking about Hyuna, ne?” he then tenderly smiled, taking a good look at the sleeping brunette.

“They say it is useful, talking to people in a comatose state ...” explained the brunette as he raised his finger to lightly caress the hair on the other's forehead “But I wonder if you are maybe thinking "Oh my god Yutaka shut the fuck up!"” laughed the brunette, as he kept stroking random strands of hair “... I miss you ...” he then whispered, as he held the sleeping brunette's hand.

“Everyday, I just ... even though I should be glad you are at least breathing, I know there is a chance you may stop doing even just that and it scares the shit out of me ...” he admitted, raising the passive hand towards his lips “but I'm sure you are fighting the best you way you can, ne?” readily added the brunette taking a deep breathe, continuing his stroking with his other hand “so don't give, ne? You can't leave me now ... you just ... can't” he lowly stated.

Silence fell into the room, as Yutaka kept his vigilant gaze on the sleeping brunette, nothing more he felt like saying, nothing more he found himself able to say. He just wanted him back. It was as simple as that.
    Reita

Post  Reita on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:52 am

His consciousness stirred when he heard laughter. Swallowing dryly (again. How many times was this now?), he made the effort to twitch at his fingers and turn his hand over to hold the one on top of his. He made his best move to smirk.

"Not going anywhere, princess..." He held the other hand gratefully, glad for the warmth and glad for someone around when he stirred for once. He licked dry lips and took a deep breath, not opening his eyes.

"What's going on, Yutaka? Elaborate on the reasons why I'm feeling like all the ass in the world, will you?" He tapped his thumb on top of the brunette's hand, doing his best to peel his eyes open and tilt his head to look over where the voice had come from. The hand-holding wasn't too weird to him at the moment, just a little closer than he would normally be. But it was so warm and comforting having someone IN the room who talked to him...

With his eyes just barely open, he tried for a smile at his friend. It was just so relieving that someone was finally found him at a time where he could be conscious, but he did feel like sleeping again. But there were so many questions...!

Why am I here?

What have you been doing without me? You know you can't do anything without me.

How are you? What are your plans for today?

... Where's Hyuna?
    Kai
    Admin

Post  Kai on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:12 pm

He had longed for this moment, during every second that passed since Yutaka had had to withstand the sight of his unconscious lover on that very bed. Finally, Akira was back, but his own reaction that followed wasn't exactly how he had imagined this own reunion to be like.

“Oh my god ...” whispered Yutaka as he stared at the other brunette as if he had seen a ghost and completely ignoring any of what had so weakly come out of the other's mouth “oh-oh my god!” he then repeated, this time much louder, as he abandoned the other's hand as gently as he managed “d-don't close your eyes, okay! I'll be right back, please stay awake!” Yutaka blurted while rushing out of the room, frantically dove in front of the first nurse he could find and practically dragged her to awakened man's room.

As silly as the thought sounded, Yutaka would have appreciated being "warned" that Akira was about to so suddenly "pop" back into the realm of the conscious. Once back into the room, the nurse instantly checked some of the monitors by Akira's bed while Yutaka got himself seated again on the empty chair next to Akira's chair.

“I'll go and call the doctor immediately” swiftly announced the nurse “Welcome back Suzuki san” she also wished quickly smiling at and bowing at the patient while she dashed out.

Yutaka hadn't registered one word of what the nurse had said ever since they got back into the room, all the while his unbelieving eyes were fixed on what seemed like a mirage. Finally, [i]their[i] nightmare was over. Dumbly he snickered to himself as if the other couldn't see him or notice his sudden clumsiness at the situation, which no matter how much he prayed for, he really hadn't seen coming in this very moment.

“This is weird ...” Yutaka spoke, once again snickering to himself “Now that you are awake and aware I don't know what to say ...” he lightly laughed, tenderly taking hold of the others hand, while leaning in closer to caress the other's forehead “ ... god I missed you so much, I am so glad you didn't leave me, I'm so glad ...” he whispered as he then carefully placed his forehead against Akira's temple “it feels like I can finally breathe again ...” he continued “... welcome back” he then added, after which he pressed a kiss on the other's temple.

Reita

Post  Reita on Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:05 pm

HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS SO THAT THE TOP POST IS THE MOST RECENT. IT'S DRIVING ME MAD.

Akira hummed quietly and let his eyes slide closed for just a moment as Yutaka ran out and ran back. He took the warm hand back as soon as the brunette got back to his bedside. His eyes felt cold and dry and... just really unhappy all in all. He just wanted someone to comfort him and not leave him in this stale room. At least they moved a humidifier in between the first time he woke up and now. He hadn't noticed it before, though. So maybe it had been there. Maybe not.

He closed his eyes again, squeezing them shut once and twice to try and keep them warm. Barely registering the nurse's words, he cracked his eyes open just a sliver to blink at Yutaka and smile again. It was good to see him smile. It was always so relieving and Yutaka always had a nice smile.

He almost blushed when Yutaka kissed his temple, figuring that he'd really done something stupid this time and hooking his arm around the brunette's waist in a small hug. If it was worth all of this grief, maybe he'd been out for longer than an hour or two. "I'm not going anywhere," he mumbled with a throat that wasn't dry but still felt as if it were, "But do update me on what the hell happened to put me in such an atrocious situation?"

Trying for another laugh, Akira took the second breath too deep and coughed instead. He could feel his shoulders shake after the what seemed to be light coughs had passed. Oof. He was weak as fuck. What was going on? He let his head rest back and tried to prevent a yawn from coming, afraid for stretching his lungs so far they'd burst.

On another note, why was Yutaka doting on him like this? Didn't he have a girlfriend for that? Where was she? Did they not leave on good terms? But Yutaka was worried as hell. Maybe Hyuna was working again--it looked pretty late. Well, he'd wait for Yutaka to fill him in on all of this. He didn't really feel like thinking too hard right now anyways.
    Kai
    Admin

Post  Kai on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:14 pm

”Take it easy ...” gingerly suggested Yutaka, to whom the lying brunette might have as well been made of the finest glass. God only knew what was going through Akira's mind at the moment. He most have been confused, scared and so much more, Yutaka couldn't even try to understand and though he was sort of expecting a tender kiss, he settled for the little hug without any complaint, figuring they'd have time later on to catch up on a month worth of TLC.

“You've been in this room, in a coma, for thirty days ...” began Yutaka, rubbing his thumb finger over the rest of Akira's fingers “... you were coming back from Kouyou's, in your bike ...” continued Yutaka, taking a big breathe as if just telling the story could make it all happen again “... there was a liquid substance on the road which made lose control” solemnly stated the younger brunette “at the impact with the guard rail, your body was then thrown off and you landed on one of the cliffs” Yutaka concluded, holding tighter on the hand and smiling at the brunette.

“But lets not get too much in the details, we'll have more time to talk about it later ...” suggested the younger “now that you are awake, we should have happy thoughts, ne?” he smiled “I need to inform the others that you are awake, they have been so worried sick as well!” quickly informed the brunette “I'll be outside here okay? Won0t tak eme long” he announced, after which he pressed his lips on the ones of the other's brunette and with a tender smile he left the room with his phone in his hands.

“Kouyou? Yeah, guess what ...”
    Reita

Post  Reita on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:19 pm

"Aish... A whole month...?" He gave the brunette an exasperated look before closing his eyes and letting his head rest back again, groaning lowly.

"Too much time wasted, Yutaka. What am I doing with myself?" He sighed lightly then, moving to adjust himself just slightly. He looked over again to Yutaka to start talking about how to make up lost time when Yutaka just up and planted one right on him.

He sat there staring at the space Yutaka used to be for quite some time before it clicked again that he should start moving and acting normal. Was that normal? His memory seemed to be little fuzzy as well, but maybe it was from the injury... Speaking of which, when the hell had Kouyou moved off campus?

... When the hell did he get a bike!?

The last thing he could remember was walking with Hyuna in the park and arguing with her about... something important... and then he was leaving for summer vacation. Where was he going to go? Was it anywhere special?

He had no idea. Hopefully there weren't big plans. He definitely didn't want to have missed too much with this accident.

Ugh... his head was hurting again. And his feet were still cold...! Hospitals were so not making it to his "Comfy Places" list.
    Kai
    Admin

Post  Kai on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:56 pm

“Okay ...” began Yutaka as he barged back into the room “I only called Kouyou and Takanori, but I suspect the whole crew will be here soon” excitedly announced the brunette “if you only knew, just how worried we all were ... how worried I] was” he admitted as he walked back to seat at the chair.

“Are you alright in that position?” he then asked, as if to dismiss the previous confession “should i call for more pillows? Do you feel like you need anything? Are you thirsty? Just ask me for anything, I'll be more than happy to help ... you have always wanted a personal maid anyways ...” he concluded with an implying look as the doctor finally came in.

“This is all in all a successful case of recovery from a comatose state, thus you are a very lucky man Suzuki-san! Explained the doctor as he looked at the charts while examining the patient “I suppose that most of the merit goes to him ...” he pointed out turning to glimpsed at Yutaka “... you are very lucky Suzuki-san, to have someone such as Uke-san who would come every single day, just to talk to you or to simply to not leave you lonely.” At that observation Yutaka looked at Akira and simply smiled “Well i'll leave you too to so some catching up” he then offered as he exited room.

“Aah, I can't wait until we get home ...” asserted Yutaka, sitting on the char while leaning over the brunette “have some good quality alone time ... allow me to keep taking care of you ...” he continued, gently placing his hand over the brunette's chest “... but tell, anything in particular you want to know, anything you want to do?

Reita

Post  Reita on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:27 am

Akira nodded after a short moment of hesitation, wondering if he should be more concerned that this "crew" may or may not have been made up of the same people that he had in mind. He would have at least said that he couldn't wait to see them, because he was quite curious, it was just that Yutaka started flodding him with questions before he could.

He was still a little dazed, probably from waking up after a month with no real food or movement, so he had trouble following up. As the doctor walked in, Akira smiled gratefully at him and tried to keep his smile as the doctor told of Yutaka's... dillegence in keeping him... company. Wasn't... wasn't this the role for his girlfriend...? Where had she been?

He did his best to look grateful, which probably worked well because he was so tired, and nodded the doctor off.

AND THEN HE WAS ALONE WITH YUTAKA AGAIN.

Which was becoming an increasingly uncomfortable sounding idea. Maybe he was missing something.

And, as tired as he was, he could instantly feel his face heat up again. Was he blushi--WHY YES HE WAS. WONDER WHY.

"A-a-ah..." He was honestly afraid to open his mouth too wide, but tried to reply the best he could, "I-I-I... don't think I know what you're talking... talking about."

Another dry swallow. "I think... there's a misunderstanding. Because I don't think you'd joke about this," he offered another laugh, this one more shallow and the laugh never reaching his eyes. His eyes were trying to avoid looking at Yutaka at all, he could feel his face turning redder and redder.
    Kai
    Admin

Post  Kai on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Often Yutaka had silently observed that being in a relationships was like a never-ending subscription to random packets, some unbelievable gifts and some others loudly ticking time-bombs. After a certain period of time, the packets begin to repeat themselves, and by the shape, it is very easy to understand what is inside it.

Akira was a wonderful man, the wonderful man he had unexpectedly fallen in love with, but there were, obviously, a million other sides to this wonderful man. The ease with which he related to people, he was very outgoing person, whom cheerfulness would elude everyone to believe that he was very open about himself, whereas, most of the time, he did quite the opposite.

He could go on forever describing the elder brunette, but at the moment he was being presented with a particular "packet" and Yutaka didn't quite know what to make of it even though he had once or twice received it long ago. Akira wasn't keeping up his gaze with him, and the sudden redness of is feature pointed at only one thing. He was uncomfortable.

On instinct, the younger brunette turned around to check that they were indeed alone in the room, not that having someone else in the room would have normally alerted the other. But then again, there wasn't much of anything "normal" about the present situation.

“Sorry, I'm not exactly sure about how to answer that...” resumed Yutaka feeling as well quite confused about the present situation, and taking under consideration that the other had just awakened from quite the long slumber, he decided it best to not go into anything that could stir him up in the wrong ways “... all I really meant though, was that you might be looking forward to going home, rather than staying in the hospital” quickly added the younger.

“The bed is more comfortable, the atmosphere is cozier ...” he snickered looking around the practically empty room “... and I'll be cooking all your meals, solids, instead of this IV” he then smiled “and I promise I'll do all your favorites for a whole months ...” he vouched raising up three fingers like a boy-scout, after which he added in excitement “aaand in the days I am home in the morning I'll get us breakfast in bed, how does that sound? Bet you are dying to go back home now, ne?”
    Reita

Post  Reita on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:40 am

Akira was about to gratefully agree with Yutaka until the brunette went on about making food for him... every day. Since when did Yutaka know his favorite foods anyways? It sounded a little... Too intimate for the kind of friends they were. He squirmed almost uncomfortably.

"I... Didn't know you were staying over at my house for the summer." He offered a small chuckle, averting his eyes, "My memory's a bit fuzzy, I guess."

He paused for a moment, "Oh. And do you know where Hyuna is? Is she working again? I bet she isn't as dedicated as you." He offered another, more awkward laugh. Something told him that he should have avoided that, but he was curious and wanted to change the subject.

Another look as if he'd forgotten something, "Also, do my parents know? I hope they aren't too worried..." He let out a shallow, exasperated sigh. There were too many things to worry about because of this.
    Kai
    Admin

Post  Kai on Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:27 pm

"Your parents ... they ... they know ..." absently replied the brunette, as he started to piece up something in his mind he absolutely did not want to "... it seemed serious enough ... at some point ... that I had no-" he then stopped himself, as he fixed his wandering and confused gaze on the blond staring at him with an expression, which now Kai could tell, was completely unfamiliar.

Pieces ... "Summer vacation" ... coming together "Hyuna" ... in his head, relentlessly ... "my memory is a bit fuzzy" ... could it have been? Could have his memory been more than a bit fuzzy?

All he had to do is ask. One single question, the easiest and least misunderstanding question and he'd know. However, by the way things had been unfolding, it seemed like the answer would have been the one he was now dreading the most. Akira was a joker; but he wouldn't joke about this now, would he?

But then again, there was another sure-fire way he could have done this. Leaning closer, he gingerly pressed his lips on the once of the blonde. Words could say much, but a kiss, a kiss always did so much more.
    Reita

Post  Reita on Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:21 am

And, just as he was concerned about his parents being upset at his hospitalization (and not about Yutaka's exact choice of words), Yutaka leaned to kiss him and... well, kissed him.

... Kissed.

As in, friends since high school. Kissing.

Just... no. What?

He froze for a moment and let everything confirm that Akira was in fact concious and that Yutaka was, in fact, kissing him. Lips on lips. There wasn't any--

It was at that point that his brain fired up enough electrons to get his joints moving.

With a jolt much stronger than he thought able of himself in such a state, he jammed himself further into the hard hospital bed and leaned back as far as he could. His plan was to say something along the lines of being shocked, confused, and maybe a small bit upset, but whatever had put him in the hospital had really done it's worth on the blonde.

With a silent gasp, he felt his eyes roll back in pain between his head and shoulders. Everything hurt and he was seeing white, blood rushing in his ears as if he were drowning in rapids. But he couldn't move a single limb, body momentarily paralyzed until the pain were to subside. He was going to drown.

He stayed for what felt like years upon years, waiting for time to stretch through the awful ache flooding his senses and blocking his sanity. There was a small channel of breath that escaped the back of his throat, wriggling out as if leave him further stranded from the necessities of existence.

Hesitantly, his diaphragm attempted to constrict. He needed to breathe, but between the fear of pain and the pain itself, his body had neglected itself. He slowly took a small, shallow breath that made his chest feel fuller than it had ever been, but the oxygen supply still wasn't enough. His skull was falling in on itself, too far gone in the deep sea, pulverized by the sheer pressure of the depths.

He let out a dry, silent whine, the breath he tried so desperately to take gone in an instant.

It hurts... Make it stop.

He couldn't even open his eyes to beg as much as he wanted to. What a pathetic state of being he was in when he couldn't even take care of himself. He would have hated it, if only he could say so... or move... or breathe.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:02 pm